PET FIRST AID AND EMERGENCY CARE TRAINING
Walks N Wag's Pet First Aid is an Internationally recognized Certificate Course for Dog and Cat Professionals and Pet Owners
Pet First Aid Certification Course (10 hours)
Over 20+ Topics Covered Including; Parasites, Poisons, Infection, Foreign Objects, Wound Care, Splinting and CPR!
$155 + hst
Monthly Classes available in Ancaster. Click link below to register
OFF THE GRID Training (3 hours)
Ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, people living in remote communities or anyone wanting additional training and living in areas without easily accessible Veterinary Care.
Topics include: Trip Planning, Equipment Improvisation, Advanced Shock, Pain Management and Evacuation
$90 + hst
Email email@example.com for schedule
***Must have completed Walks N Wags Pet First Aid Certification Course
Private Bookings Available
Private bookings are available for Pet Care Professionals (Vet clinics, Boarding Kennels, Daycares) as well as rescue organizations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
UPDATED COVID-19 POLICIES:
- As of September 22nd 2021, proof of vaccination will be required to complete registration. This falls under the Ontario Guidelines as well as Walks N Wags Policies and Procedures.
- Class sizes have been reduced to 6 to allow the minimum 2 meter (6 foot) distance between participants
- Each participant will have their own personal work station. This will be sanitized prior to arrival
- All students will be required to wear masks
- All students will complete an online self assessment prior to arrival. This online self assessment falls under the guidelines and operating regulations of the Ancaster Fairgrounds.
First Aid Supplies Provided but returned at the end of class:
- Personal dog or cat stuffed (toy) animal for bandaging, splinting and CPR practical's
- First aid basket filled with first aid supplies needed for scenarios throughout the day. here will be no sharing of medical supplies with other students
Question: How long would I be certified for?
Answer: Walks N Wags Pet First Aid Certification is valid for 3 years.
Question: Can I purchased a Pet First Aid Kit?
Answer: Absolutely! Walks N Wags offers 3 sizes of Pet First Aid Kits that are available for purchase. Price lists can be found on the Pet First Aid Registration form (link above). The most popular choice is the Compact Pet First Aid Kit.
Question: Can I bring my dog?
Answer: 2 Live dogs are welcome (first come, first serve). Dogs must only be handled by their person(s). Dogs must be leashed and attached to their persons stations at all times during the course, and not roaming the facility. Please bring a blanket and toy for your dog, including snacks and water. Owners are expected to clean up after dog.
Question: What is OFF THE GRID Training?
Answer: OFF THE GRID Training is ideal for Outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, farmers, hunters, campers, people living in remote communities, dog walkers, hikers, cabin owners, people wanting additional training, people living in areas without easily accessible Veterinary care. The skills can also be applied in urban areas in times of disaster when Veterinary care is not easily accessible.
Question: I have registered for a course, but I am experiencing sign of illness. What do I do?
Answer: In the event you are experiencing any signs of illness, self isolating for any reason or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, please do not attend class. You will be scheduled into a future course, which is offered monthly.
Question: What happens if my instructor is feeling unwell the morning of class?
Answer: If your instructor is feeling unwell, the course will be cancelled and you will receive a phone call. You will then be rescheduled into a future course, which is offered monthly.
Question: If I cannot attend a class due to illness or reason for self isolation, will I receive a refund?
Answer: You will receive full refund if cancellation is made 1 week prior to course start date. Any cancellations after this point are subject to a $25 administrative fee. Cancellations made within 72 hours of course start date, will not be refunded or transferred.